- Conserve and protect the physical and natural environment by encouraging the reuse / recycling of cycles and cycle related items.
- Increase cycle usage and reduce the effects of greenhouse gases by encouraging all age sectors and abilities to appreciate the health, transportation and fun benefits of cycling.
- Utilising the cycle as a means to enhance life skills, employment opportunities and encourage those normally not fortunate to appreciate the benefits that cycling offers.
- Provide cycle based training and education courses within Bikeworks premises and in the community at large, namely:
- Basic to industry-standard professional qualifications.
- Cycle proficiency, maintenance and cycle awareness workshops.
- Work ethic re-employment training.
- Promote and support volunteering, and in so doing, increase the number of people participating in volunteering activities.